Safety, Security, and Emergency Response in the 21st Century
The USSD annual conference travels to beautiful Charleston, SC in 2021. Charleston is a world- class destination with an easily accessible airport, beautiful beaches, historic surroundings, highly acclaimed restaurants and lots of shopping.
The Southeastern U.S. has experienced numerous dam failures over the last several years, including numerous incidents in central and coastal regions of the Carolinas during historic flooding in 2015 and the failure of 25 dams from Hurricane Matthew in 2016.
Next year also marks the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centers and Pentagon. While no dams or levees were compromised during the attacks, the event resulted in large changes in the approach to infrastructure security nationwide.
Registration Now Open - Click Here!
Hotel Information on the registration link above. Hotel reservations will open late November
Abstracts will be selected by members of the Technical Program Planning Committee based on scientific/engineering merit, relevance, and overall quality. Due to time and space constraints, it is possible that not all submissions will be selected for the conference.
Notification of acceptance were emailed September 11, 2020.
- All authors/presenters must upload a form to Cvent confirming your intention to participate in the conference and granting USSD permission to publish and distribute your paper/expanded abstract and/or presentation.
- Authors must upload a draft paper OR expanded abstract by November 7, 2020.
- Authors will be able to access review comments via Cvent by February 1, 2021.
- Final papers or expanded abstracts are due March 12, 2021.
- All presenters must submit draft and final PowerPoint presentations to session moderators during March 2021.
All agreements, drafts and final papers/expanded abstracts may be uploaded to your Cvent portal: https://USSDams.org/2021-Papers/
All presenters will be expected to attend the Conference and pay the reduced registration fee offered to authors and co-authors.
USSD website: www.ussdams.org
Conference website: https://www.ussdconferences.org/d/vnqyhf/
For more information, contact: email@example.com, 303-792-8753
Technical Program Chair: Conrad Ginther (Black & Veatch)
Brought to you in part by our 2021 Conference Sponsors